amule 2.2.3 port - first try

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Tue Dec 30 12:30:08 UTC 2008

Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I am updating the amule2 port to version 2.2.3, this is the first try.
> The patch is attached.
> There is (at least) one problem with the patch: it doesn't remove the
> file ./files/patch-amuleDlg.cpp. For now, just remove the file
> manually.
> Doesn't FreeBSDs diff have an option to remove files? I read the ma
> page but didn't find anything that looked useful.
>
> Testing: I have tested this patch on FreeBSD 7.1-prerelease / amd64,
> and the amule 2.2.3 port compiles and installs fine.
>
> It would be nice if others coyld test the patch as well.
> Feedback is welcome.

Looks like you are in the wrong folder. Patches are relative to the WRKSRC
directory. (work/aMule-2.2.3 or something like that) So recreate the patch from
within that directory and it should work.

I've had a quick look over your patch and it seems to miss a few files. Have a
look at ports-mgmt/porttools which is your swiss army knife as a porting guy.
Sorry but i haven't found an english tutorial for it but i think a german one is
also worth a look:
http://www.chruetertee.ch/blog/archive/2008/05/03/freebsd-ports-mit-hilfe-von-porttools-erstellen-oder-aktualisieren.html

--
Bernhard Froehlich