amule 2 port - trying an upgrade

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 12:53:21 UTC 2008

Hello,

Real life got in the way, and my amule2 porting efforts had to be put
on hold. Buttime waits for no man, and now aMule 2.2.3 has been
released. So I wil restart my efforts with the newest version.

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 3:05 AM, Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru> wrote:
> No, they are automake's macro language and are expanded my automake
> to produce Makefile.in. Since the final product is Makefiles, shell
> stuff is possible there.
>
> However, you shouldn't modify .am stuff in this case, as automake
> is not executed in the build process. The only things you're to
> modify are configure and Makefile.in files.
> You can, of course, modify .am stuff instead and call automake/autoconf
> to regenerate stuff (via USE_AUTOTOOLS), but that's only needed in
> extreme cases.

Thanks for explaining this.

> PORTREVISION should be removed when PORTVERSION is bumped

Good to know.

>> +USE_XORG=    x11
> Not actually needed, as the port uses wx which assumes x11.

OK, I'll remove it then.

>> +USE_GETTEXT= yes
> Using gettext conditionally like before no longer work?

I don't really know. What exactly do we gain by using gettext conditionally?

>> -CONFIGURE_TARGET=--build=${MACHINE_ARCH}-portbld-freebsd${OSREL}
>> +
>> +CONFIGURE_TARGET=    --build=${MACHINE_ARCH}-portbld-freebsd${OSREL}
> Please remove, this is now handled automatically.

Ok, will do.

>>  CONFIGURE_ARGS=      --disable-debug \
>> +             --mandir=${MANPREFIX}/man \
> Not needed, --mandir is appended to CONFIGURE_ARGS by default

I had noted that, but forhot tom remove that part.

>> -.if !defined(WITHOUT_OPTIMIZE)
>> +.if defined(WITH_OPTIMIZE)
> No, checking WITHOUT_OPTIMIZE is correct. You should check
> counter-default values for options, i.e. check WITH_FOO if FOO is
> off by default, and WITHOUT_FOO if FOO is on by default. Same for
> other checks.

Is this documented in the Porters Handbook anywhere? If so, I must
have missed it.

> There are automatic ways to handle docs, so you don't need to change
> plist on every update.
>
> One way is to define DOCSDIR in the Makefile:
> DOCSDIR=        ${PREFIX}/share/doc/aMule-${PORTVERSION}
>
> and use %%DOCSDIR%% instead of share/doc/aMule-2.2.2 in the plist.
>
> Another way is to add PORTDOCS=* to Makefile in addition to DOCSDIR,
> and remove doc files from plist completely - they'll be added
> automatically on install.

I will look into this.

Your comments are valuable - thank you.
--