general ports problem

t-u-t marshc187 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 22:33:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Glen Barber <glen.j.barber at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 5:02 PM, t-u-t <marshc187 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi,
> > i have a quick question and don't know what this problem is related to.
> >
> > i am getting an error on *every* port i try to build -- Script
> "configure"
> > failed unexpectedly. etc,etc, please check log.
> >
> > searching the net i am finding pages on particular ports (not same as
> mine
> > yet) -- but baffled as to why every port giving this error.
> >
> > I have no clue what is in these log files and was wondering whether the
> > "unknown' entries is normal at "/bin/arch=" below.
> >
> > this below is the topmost part of config.log and just noticed the parts
> with
> > win32 and don't know what that means.
> >
> > the very last line in the log file reads configure. exit 77.
> >

> Is there anything odd in /etc/make.conf ?  Are your ports up to date?
>

> --
> Glen Barber

ports are updated, yes, and make.conf has some settings but have to check,
since i'm new and used a copy of the example file and have to check what is
enabled. this is a quick reply cuz i just noticed a previous error messge
stating -
" C compiler cannot create executables "

tried a couple of ports, they have this error

thanks

make.conf

CFLAGS=    -O -pipe
MAKE_SHELL?=sh