FreeBSD Port: lighttpd-1.4.20

Steve Vigneau c0nsumer at nuxx.net
Tue Dec 23 21:18:33 UTC 2008

Hey there... I'd recently delt with a problem with lighttpd on FreeBSD
7.0-RELEASE SMP where, when using PHP as a FastCGI, the php-cgi process
would occasionally hang with a status of sbwait. This blog post covers it
(http://nuxx.net/blog/2008/11/18/php-cgi-hung-as-sbwait-with-lighttpd-on-freebsd/),
and it turns out the fix
(http://redmine.lighttpd.net/boards/2/topics/show/141) is to set the
option server.network-backend to "writev".

Since you are the maintainer of the port, I thought that you'd like to
know about this and possibly make the change in the port. This setting was
fine at its default of "write" on FreeBSD 6.2, but not any more.

Thanks very much!

-Steve