APNG patch for graphics/png port

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Dec 22 22:16:34 PST 2008

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 20:38:02 -0600, Mikhail T. <mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com>
wrote:

> Jeremy Lea wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> Uhm, what is "throbber"? Could you elaborate?
>>>

>> The little spinning things in the tabs, or the right hand side of the
>> menu bar, which tell you that its loading a page.
>
> Oh, I see. Well, if that thing requires APNG, then, indeed, it is
> indispensable and the cat is, indeed, out of the bag... In that case we
> should either make our own graphics/apng or add the patch to
> graphics/png.

I rather to honor graphics/png (include PNG folks) and no way for
graphics/apng as it will be worst to have conflict in ports tree. It's
pain in ass. Keep in its tarball and compiles as static is fine. It's no
big deal and problem solve. As for the security, well, Mozilla usually
will release if there is hole. Of course, multi-port to update but it's
better than conflicts in ports tree. The apng is very low use in
applications, so again no problem either.

Cheers,
Mezz

>     -mi

FreeBSD GNOME Team