FreeBSD Port: exim-4.69_2

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Tue Dec 16 00:04:36 PST 2008

On Monday 15 December 2008 22:15:52 Beech Rintoul wrote:
> On Monday 15 December 2008 21:44:14 Dave Stegner wrote:
> > Am working with Exim, started a few months ago.  I have 4.69 port.
> >
> > This evening I wanted to see if there was a newer version available.
> >
> > Still at 4.69, but changes say Makefile was updated 3 days ago to 1.240.
> >
> > I downloaded from webpage and examined files, specifically Makefile.
> > It is still the old version, 1.237.
> >
> > I searched ftp site for exim-4.69_2, but could only find exim-4.69_1.
> >

> > Where have I gone wrong or how am I reading the info given wrong or is
> > something else wrong???
>
> The new version is in the ports tree. Read the handbook on updating and use
> portsnap, portupgrade, or one of the other port utilities to update your
> tree, then build it yourself. If you're using binaries, you may have to
> wait a couple of weeks for the new package to show up in ftp. Packages are
> built on a continuing basis, but lag the tree by weeks sometimes.
>
> Beech

Sorry, I meant to say use portsnap, or csup to update your tree. Then use
portupgrade or one of the other utilities to update your ports.

Beech
Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://people.freebsd.org/~beech
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Skype: akbeech
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html