RT 3.8?

Philip M. Gollucci pgollucci at freebsd.org
Mon Dec 15 11:46:06 PST 2008

Wesley Shields wrote:
>> There was some promising work a few months ago but everything seems to
>> have stopped and there is nothing new in the ports tree...
>
> Philip (pgollucci@) was working on it.  I know he has been very busy
> with other commitments lately so he has not been able to polish the
> edges.

> I've also added him as CC to this reply so he can speak up if he has any
> more information to add.
I think my first thought is to commit it as is and wait for the PRs to
come it.  I've had several reports of people using it in production for
a while now.

I know there are still some things that will change though, but I can't
think of them off the top of my head.

I'm still mentored, and won't be in a position to do a final
tinderbox(tb) build for a bit just yet.

Unfortunately, the RT ports in the tree (esp p5-) will need to change to
use this instead since RT36 isn't packagable.  Which is why they were
still there, but they seem to have got comitted today by someone else.

Also, we need to mark the other ports as deprecated and whack some of them.

I'm pretty sure some of that qualifies as a sweep, so I don't know if we
can do it yet, but I'm definitely not opposed to it.

Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci at p6m7g8.com) c: 703.336.9354
Consultant - P6M7G8 Inc.  http://p6m7g8.net
Senior System Admin - RideCharge, Inc.  http://ridecharge.com

Work like you don't need the money,