Problem using GNU autotools

Rodrigo (ros) rodrigo at bebik.net
Sun Dec 14 15:48:18 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm in trouble updating a port.
The configuration / compilation and install manually from the console
works fine.

When I try to integrate it in a port Makefile, some "configure" scripts
fail whit this message :

[...]
configure: warning: build_alias=amd64-portbld-freebsd6.3: invalid host type
configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at a time
[...]

As I can see this is caused by configuration scrpts generated by 2
versions of autoconf (2.13 and 2.61), who doesn't handle the same options.

Looking inside the subdirectories I discover few Makefine.am or
config.ac, but not all are in. So I can't use the alternative way to
generate the makefiles...

It looks weird, but how can I handle this properly ? - I remember you
./configure without options works fine -

Cheers,
Rodrigo OSORIO