cmake cannot link against libxml++

Silver Salonen silver.salonen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 00:21:53 PST 2008

Hello.

I created a port for Museek+ which is built with cmake now. The problem is
that although it gets built OK, cmake cannot link one of its executables
against libxml++:
=====
... [100%] Building CXX object
museekd/CMakeFiles/museekd.dir/distributedsocket.cpp.o Linking CXX
executable museekd /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lxml++-2.6 *** Error code 1
=====

Concerning libxml++, cmake seems to find it OK - before building:
=====
-- checking for one of the modules 'libxml++-2.6' -- found libxml++-2.6,
version 2.22.0
=====

Previously I had a problem with cmake finding libiconv.h, but I resolved it
with "CMAKE_ARGS+=    -DCMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES="${LOCALBASE}/include". But
I guess it's irrelevant and not even similar.

Is there anything to be specified in order to cmake to find libxml++
correctly?