Proposal: mechanism for local patches

G. Paul Ziemba pz-freebsd-ports at ziemba.us
Tue Dec 2 18:11:15 PST 2008

lambert at lambertfam.org (Scott Lambert) writes:

>How about something like WRKDIRPREFIX?

>Presumably the logic for dealing with that structure is already in
>the system.  Maybe you could have USE_LOCAL_PATCHES boolean which
>uses ${CATEGORY}/${PORTNAME}/files subdirs in WRKDIRPREFIX, or
>LOCALPATCHDIRPREFIX if you want to keep your patches in CVS/SVN without
>polluting the CVS/SVN working directory.

I'm not sure I undersand - do you mean that you'd pick one of
$(WRKDIRPREFIX)/${CATEGORY}/${PORTNAME}/files or
$(LOCALPATCHDIRPREFIX)/${CATEGORY}/${PORTNAME}/files to get
patches from, based on the state of USE_LOCAL_PATCHES? But I was
hoping to augment $(WRKDIRPREFIX)/${CATEGORY}/${PORTNAME}/files
instead of replacing it.

--
G. Paul Ziemba
FreeBSD unix: