Handbook bad link

Johann Kois jkois at freebsd.org
Sat Aug 23 09:45:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, August 12, 2008, Remko wrote:
> On Tue, August 12, 2008 7:23 am, Matthew wrote:
> >   Port description for net/cvsup-without-gui
> >
> > The port specified does not exist, or has an invalid name:
> >
> >     ports/net/cvsup-without-gui/pkg-descr
> >
> > You are coming from
>
> http://www%2efreebsd%2eorg/doc/en%5fUS%2eISO8859%2d1/books/handbook/c
>vsup%2ehtml
>
> <http://www%2efreebsd%2eorg/doc/en%5fUS.ISO8859%2d1/books/handbook/cv
>sup%2ehtml>.
>
> > Please contact www at FreeBSD.org
> >
> > =========
> > Thanks for committing to FreeBSD, you work is greatly appreciated.
> > Matthew (in Toronto)
>
> Works for me...
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/net/cvsup/pkg-descr

Hi Remko,

What Matthew is talking about is the missing pkg-desr file for
cvsup-without-gui.  This file is indeed not where it should be.  So he
gets this error message.  After a little digging I found the wanted
file.  But it is installed under /ports/net/cvsup/pkg-descr.nogui.   So
in the end it is a ports problem, not a doc/www problem.

Therefore I am forwarding this to ports at FreeBSD.org (the maintainer of
the cvsup port).  Moving pkg-descr.nogui
to /ports/net/cvsup-without-gui/pkg-descr should solve the problem.

Johann

--
Johann Kois - jkois at FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD Documentation Project