Releases Schedule...

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 22 12:56:42 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 03:39:53PM -0400, Ken Smith wrote:

> Proposed schedule highlights:
>
> 	Freeze		8/29 [1]
> 	BETA		9/1 [1]
> 	Branch		9/6 [1],[2]
> 	6.4-RC1		9/8
> 	7.1-RC1		9/15
> 	6.4-RC2		9/22 [3]
> 	7.1-RC2		9/29 [3]
> 	6.4-REL		10/6
> 	7.1-REL		10/13
>
> [1] Both RELENG_6 and RELENG_7
> [2] Unfreeze RELENG_6 and RELENG_7 a few days later.
> [3] Packages, at least the ones destined for CDs requested here.

For ports, planning for a 2 week freeze plus the usual thaw, puts us at:
9/8 - freeze
9/15 - start final package builds
9/22 - thaw
10/13 - fully unfreeze

To be able to keep the freeze as short as possible, we need to keep the
tree quite stable.  While we could call it a feature freeze of sorts, if
you have anything major planned, please contact portmgr as soon as
possible.

-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                   http://droso.org