[freebsd-ports] Re: SETI/BOINC problems

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Tue Aug 19 20:34:44 UTC 2008

> I'm running boinc-6.2.14 without X11 and ALT, currently with setiathome and
> milkywayathome from ports.  There were some difficulties in getting work for
> seti, especially astropulse units seem hard to get (I got 1 on a windows box).
>
> For setiathome, there definitely should be an app_info.xml if you're
> not using ALT.
> Maybe (re)installing the astro/boinc-setiathome-enhanced is enough (no support
> for astropulse yet, but you can manually download a binary from www.dotsch.de
> and update app_info.xml according to the instructions.

Rene,

	In what way was there difficulty with SETI work? Theres been alot of
issues from there side with work not being available, and sometimes only Astropulse.
(I'm trying to see if I can get an Astropulse unit with the old 5.X, but so far
either I don't qualify or it won't do it)

	Otherwise, has the OP gotten this resolved?

			Tuc