xdelta 1.1.4 issues

Isaac Grover isaac.grover at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 03:12:09 UTC 2008

Good evening from Wisconsin,

This post is regarding the xdelta-1.1.3 port included in FreeBSD
6.2-RELEASE.  Please direct me to the proper mailing list if this is
not where I should be posting.

I am attempting to use xdelta on tar files currently just over 8.2GB.
My syntax to get the delta is "xdelta delta oldtarfile newtarfile
patchfile" according to the man page.  When the patchfile has been
created, it is around 5.3MB in size.  To verify the patchfile, using
"xdelta patch patchfile oldtarfile newtarfiletest" yield a
newtarfiletest of 465MB.  Available space shouldn't be an issue, as I
have 22GB available on this partition.

Could anyone here provide some insight as to why this xdelta port
isn't functioning as advertised?

Thank you in advance,
--
Isaac Grover, Owner
Quality Computer Services of River Falls, Wisconsin