firefox 3 causing xorg to suck up all available CPU

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Fri Aug 1 09:56:59 UTC 2008

On my system (actual FreeBSD 8-CURRENT on i386) it seems to have
something to do with 'gam-server' processes (from devel/gamin).

While using firefox3 on websites with many elements the cpu-time of
gam-server processes increases enormously. Killing the highest process
id of gam-servers speeds up firefox3 again (at least for some time).
After a while the next gam-server process is growing ...

I am not sure if this is an observation in the right direction.

Rainer Hurling