purely package-based/oriented solution

Thu Apr 24 06:02:39 UTC 2008

Quoting Pav Lucistnik <pav at FreeBSD.org> (from Wed, 23 Apr 2008
15:39:17 +0200):

> Andriy Gapon píše v st 23. 04. 2008 v 16:35 +0300:

>> BTW, strange thing:
>> $ portupgrade -a -PP
>> ** Port marked as IGNORE: devel/linux_kdump:
>>         does not build with the default linux base, use the package instead
>>
>> What's this about? :-) I do say to use packages only.
>
> Guess portupgrade still looks at the ports tree. What happens if you try
> to rm -rf /usr/ports first?

If someone knows a better way of handling this (using something else
than IGNORE, with the same effect to people trying to build it from
ports but with a better behavior when used with portupgrade -PP), I'am
all ears (a better way of fixing this would be to include preparsed
linux stuff, but there are more important things on my TODO list...).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
An aphorism is never exactly true;
it is either a half-truth or one-and-a-half truths.