FreeBSD Port: fldigi-2.10

Diane Bruce db at db.net
Tue Apr 22 05:34:33 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 06:39:46PM -0700, Chris Maness wrote:
> Hello, Diane,
>
> I am having trouble getting fldigi to compile.  Also, the binary install
> core dumps (signal 11) on two different FreeBSD installs.  This is on
> release 7.0.

hrmmm ugh fldigi-2.10 runs fine here on i386 FreeBSD 7.0. What architecture
are you on? Does it happen to be amd64? I'll need to see a gdb bt if you
can.

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgio-2.0
> gmake: *** [libgiofam.la] Error 1
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gio-fam-backend.
> *** Error code 1

This problem is actually in devel/gio-fam-backend

I have duplicated the problem.

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgio-2.0
gmake: *** [libgiofam.la] Error 1
*** Error code 2

But I am not sure how this could happen. Are your ports up to date?

Basically gio-fam-backend has a dependancy on /usr/ports/devel/glib20
or should have. Unless glib20 port is installed first, libgiofam will fail.
I've only taken a quick cursory look, but it appears this might be
related to a commit to /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk

# $FreeBSD: ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk,v 1.146 2008/03/24 15:59:55 marcus Exp $

In the meantime, cd /usr/ports/devel/glib20;make install
then return to your fldigi build.

> Also, I have been able to get tlf working in console using screen.  You
> might have already known this, but I just found out about it a couple of
> weeks ago.  Maybe put a small notice about screen for vt100
> compatibility in the install script.  I had sent you an e-mail regarding
> the terminal issues a while back, but I guess that would be a good fix.
> The only issue I have found is that backspace still does not work under
> FreeBSD.

Yes, I remember your comment about that. I'll look at it again, thanks.

- 73 Diane VA3DB
--
- db at FreeBSD.org db at db.net http://www.db.net/~db