fprint (finger print sensor framework) port ready for testing

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 16 05:36:51 UTC 2008

Fredrik Lindberg wrote:
> Simon Barner wrote:
>> Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
>>> ???Have you seen/reviewed security/bioapi and security/bsp_upektfmess
>>> (later works only on RELENG_6 now) ?
>> Yes. In the mean time, there even is a binary of the UPEK driver for
>> FreeBSD 7 i386, but the pam module did not work for me.
>
> A new binary has been re-rolled which takes care of the Undefined
> symbol errors in the first one.  It works with PAM as well.
> The updated port can be found in ports/122768

Ok, good to know, I'll take care of your PR.

> However, if fprint suites your needs I would recommend using it instead.
> Another possibility would be to create BioAPI modules based on the
> reversed engineered code from fprint.

The latter option might be interesting. However, the fprint developers
plan more advanced authentication (and also identification) in the future
(see link in my mail to Vladimir Grebenschikov earlier in this thread).

--
Best regards / Viele Grüße,                             barner at FreeBSD.org
 Simon Barner                                                barner at gmx.de