www/links port fails to build with DirectFB library

Adam Martin adamartin at freebsd.org
Tue Apr 15 17:24:12 UTC 2008

On 2008.04.15, at 13:01, Pietro Cerutti wrote:

> Adam Martin wrote:
> | To whom it might concern,
> |
> |     I've started a rebuild of all ports, on my home system, and
> links
> | port failed, with the libdirectfb.  I have fixed it -- the
> dependancy
> | line with the "libdirectfb" entry should be changed to "directfb".
>
> An update to directfb and thus to links is underway..
> please be patient, it will be fixed soon!

	Okay, thanks.  It was a bit annoying, since I'm reinstalling
everything, and needed links.  (It wasn't too bad, just took me a
good 20 minutes, and a few futile rebuilds to figure out what was
broken.)  I'll be doing a portsnap fetch and update later today, so
we'll see if it's fixed by then. :-)  It won't matter that much since
I have it installed, and it runs.  (Haven't tried it with directfb
yet, but I think it will work.)

	Next time, I'll also submit a PR, now that I know the "right way" to
report problems like this.

Cheers,

--
ADAM David Alan Martin

Filesystem and Storage Lab, SUNY Stony Brook