what is gio-fam?

Mikhail Teterin mi+mill at aldan.algebra.com
Tue Apr 15 14:03:23 UTC 2008

вівторок 15 квітень 2008 08:55 до, Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez Ви написали:
> Not quite.  I also faced this, but was lucky to discover in time (not
> closing any open app) where this dependency was coming from.  The only port
> I had to update was glib, a couple of times, and gio-fam was finally built.

> This was instinctive, but worked.

"A couple of times"? Congratulations...

One should not need this luck, nor this instinct, however.

Until I decide to upgrade gnome, all other gnome-using ports should be content
with the version of gnome I already have...

This is all patently obvious, I might add. The automatic gio-fam dependency
should be made smarter and/or optional (depending on which gnome is already
installed).

Going forward, one hopes, gnome-team will not be so cavalier in forcing
upgrades...

 -mi