fprint (finger print sensor framework) port ready for testing

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 15 09:22:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 20:07 +0200, Simon Barner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did a port [2] of the fprint finger print sensor framework [1]
> and would like to receive some feedback before I commit it.
>
> It comes with a PAM module for finger print based authentication, a
> graphical (fprint_demo) and a console (pam_fprint_enroll) application
> for finger print enrollment.
>
> I did my tests with the UPEK sensor found in Lenovo's T61.
>
> Simon
>
> (M'fup2 ports@)
>
> [1] http://www.reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/Main_Page
> [2] http://home.leo.org/~barner/freebsd/fprint.tar.gz

This is fantastic! People have always been asking me 'so does the
fingerprint sensor work?' when they find out I run FreeBSD on my laptop
- and now I can tell them it does! Just tested with fprint_demo, but
successfully enrolled and verified my fingerprints no problem, using an
HP nc6320 and the aes2501 sensor.

Cheers

Tom