vsftpd-2.0.6 failed to compile on FreeBSD-4.11-p26

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Apr 15 08:15:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 09:24:43AM +0800, John/SML wrote:
>Then, I think the appropriate way to keep up with port updates is to
>upgrade from FreeBSD 4.11 to FreeBSD 7. However, it is possible to use the
>"build world" method to upgrade from 4.11 to 7, or I have to use the
>binary upgrade method by using the FreeBSD 7 CD media.

I'll second Mark's recommendation to re-install rather than attempt
a source upgrade.

Note that, whilst your 4.x ports tree will continue to work with 7.x
(assuming you have the relevant compat4x libraries), you will need to
do a complete ports rebuild as soon as you upgrade any port (pretty
much).  (Otherwise, you will wind up linking against different versions
of the same system libraries - a recipe for disaster).

--
Peter Jeremy