what is gio-fam?

Henrik Brix Andersen brix at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 13 16:18:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 10:17:56PM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> gio-fam-backend is a new piece of glib which provides a wrapper around
> FAM to allow applications to monitor file objects using a glib API.

But this is optional, right? Any reason for making gio-fam-backend an
implicit dependency for all software, that depends on glib20?

On my systems, this means I will get gio-fam-backend installed even
though I don't have FAM installed at all.

Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix at FreeBSD.org>