Gnome ports messed up (dependency loops)

Christopher Arnold chris at arnold.se
Fri Apr 4 15:15:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Denise H. G. wrote:

> Clint Olsen <clint.olsen at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> After a few days of portupgrading and cussing, I got things updated, but
>> portupgrade takes eons because of these messages:
>>
>> ===>   Registering installation for eel-2.22.1
>> pkg_create: dependency loop detected for package libgnomeui-2.22.01:x11-toolkits/libgnomeui
>> pkg_create: dependency loop detected for package gnome-desktop-2.22.0:x11/gnome-desktop
>> pkg_create: dependency loop detected for package gnome-desktop-2.22.0:x11/gnome-desktop
>> ===>  Cleaning for eel-2.22.1
>>
>> Of course, nothing here tells me what is precisely looping.  Is it an
>> immediate loop or indirect loop?
>>
> Manually run 'pkgdb -Fu'. It might help.

Following the information in /usr/pors/UPDATING takes care of the
dependency loop...
(And yes it includes pkgdb -Ff)

So it got me further, but i still have issues with compoiling gnome2,
gnome2-power-tools and evince.

I belive evince is the showstopper here with:
checking for gsapi_new_instance in -lgs... no
configure: error: You need libgs in order to compile libspectre

Am i the only one? Or is everyone else also waiting for a final update
taking care of this?

 	/Chris

--
http://www.arnold.se/