update ports from a file

Mr Anderson anderson.gnu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 00:31:50 PDT 2007

Hi Paul

First of all, In my scenario I dont have internet connection and I am doing
the installations from scratch. So, I first update ports manually, and now I
CAN INSTALL packages by hand. I know it is not the ideal, but my network
card works only  for Windows. I am not a server administrator , I am only a
student who whish to learn more about freeBSD.

So, as I am able to install more ports packages, I am installing more
software, but I noticed those messages (everytime I install something with
portinstall)

 cd: can't cd to /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade
 [missing key: categories] [Updatting the portsdb <format:dbd_btree> in
 /usr/ports ... - 17674 port entries found
 .... 1000 ... 2000 ....   17000.....  done]
 missing key : categories: Cannot read the portsdb!
 database file error

an I am not sure how to get rid of them

Thank you for your support

Alberto