xorg 7.3/freebsd 7-current/nvidia cards on p35 chip sets update

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:12:34 PDT 2007

The new vm code in the kernel (cvsup) seems to have helped some things
in this combination.   Neither nv or nvidia will recognize my 5200 GT;
but vesa now gives me 24 depth and has noticeably better response
time.

For the people who are having problems with spontanous reboots some
progress *MAY* have been made in that when testing a config with nv or
nvidia on the above the screen cycles colors but does not crash the
machine like it used to.