xorg 7.3 upgrade: kde lost keyboard

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira lioux-list at uol.com.br
Thu Sep 20 14:07:08 PDT 2007

Hi,

	I am having some trouble after the xorg update to 7.3.

	I did the suggested

# portupgrade -R x11/xorg

but xorg kept complaining about ABI (keyboard and nv drivers) issues
which were only resolved with

# portupgrade -Rf x11/xorg

	Then, when I finally got KDE to startup, the keyboard is no longer
responding. I even did

# portupgrade -Rf x11/xorg x11/kde3

but to no vail.

	Keyboard responds when KDE starts (I can click OK on the
lack-of-COMPOSITE-extension complain dialogs) but it stops responding
right away.

	Has anyone had this problem?

	My next step will be

# portupgrade -Rrf x11/xorg

if I can't find a solution to this problem.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature