configure editors/vim

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Fri Sep 14 19:13:27 PDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 06:00:02PM +0200, Martin Tournoij wrote:
> On Thu 13 Sep 2007 14:09, Gergely S�nta wrote:
> > Hi!  I'm a developer using gvim with it's tagging through exctags
> > (somehow ctags never worked for me). As vim port have no
> > configuration options, it can't be configured easyly through 'make
> > config'. I'm too lazy for digging Makefile for options every time I
> > compile new version of vim, I added configuration options to
> > Makefile.  I'm new to FreeBSD, also to it's Ports, so maybe I don't
> > see the reasons, these options aren't in the Makefile, but maybe they
> > should be there. Anyway, I attach my change, maybe it will be
> > acceptable to have it's way to ports. And if not, maybe it will help
> > for someone else too :)
..
> > +OPTIONS=       PERL "Enable Perl interpreter" off \

I appreciate a patch being sent in.  But, sorry no - I am one of those
that do not care for our current OPTIONS implementation.  Note that I
don't believe the build options have changed for Vim for the past 4
years.  I simply put them in /etc/make.conf once, and I have them for all
my Vim builds.

Patches that make it easier to document the WITH_ knobs are appreciated.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)
A: Why is top-posting (putting a reply at the top of the message) frowned upon?