qemu-launcher crash under RELENG_6

Wesley Shields wxs at atarininja.org
Thu Sep 13 17:00:40 PDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 01:58:20AM +0200, Martin Tournoij wrote:
> On Thu 13 Sep 2007 16:09, Wesley Shields wrote:
> > I've had at least one person report a crash on RELENG_6 for a port I
> > maintain.  I've been trying to track down the exact cause but I can't
> > seem to find it.  Clicking any "open" button in qemu-launcher
> > (emulators/qemu-launcher) results in the following:
> >
> > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0: Undefined
> > symbol "pthread_getschedparam"
> >
> > Searching around I've come to believe that something is using the wrong
> > threading library but I'm at a loss as to what it could be or how to
> > find it.  Any suggestions?
> >
> > -- WXS
>
> The correct threading library is used, and the problem doesn't seem to
> have anything to do with qemu-launcher.
> I'm guessing it's caused by incompatible or incorrect updates, try
> deinstalling and rebuilding glib2, gtk2, p5-glib2, and p5-gtk2.
> Be sure to csup the ports tree first.

I know it has nothing to do with qemu-launcher.  The thing is that I did
nothing out of the ordinary for this and it is a fresh install in a VM.

I installed 6.2, updated to RELENG_6, built xorg and gnome2 then
qemu-launcher all from ports in that order and this is the result.  I'll
try rebuilding them all again tomorrow but I'm not thinking it will make
a difference.

-- WXS