When PHP5 port will be updated?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu Sep 13 05:43:23 PDT 2007

> Ted Nicolson writes:
>
> >   Any idea when the updated php5 port will be released?
>
> 	"When the maintainer has time to work on it and decided it's
> ready."

Alternately, you could submit a patch.

While you're welcome to post FreeBSD-related email of just about any
nature, you're posting is not (generally) conducive to getting things
done in the Open Source world.  The following improvements will likely
lead to better responses in the future.

* ale at freebsd.org is listed as the maintainer for this port.  By
  emailing ports@, you show that you haven't done any real research
  into the situation.  It would be appropriate to email ale@ first
  to check on the status, and only email ports@ if ale@ doesn't
  respond.
* You email comes across as rather demanding.  While that may not
  have been your intent, that's how it reads.  Demanding things of
  volunteers usually doesn't win you a lot of friends.  Consider
  using phrases like, "is there any way I can help speed up the
  process"  It's quite possible that ale@ is working on it, and
  having some testers would be helpful to him.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com