A new version of Tools/scripts/plist

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Sep 10 10:10:53 PDT 2007

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 03:31:08 -0500, Martin Tournoij
<carpetsmoker at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I've written a replacement for /ports/Tools/scripts/plist, the reason
> this is a complete rewrite rather than an update is because I'm not
> familair with ruby, and writing a new version in python was faster.
>
> Problems/additions in this rewrite:
> - Automaticlly replace the default PLIST_SUB values.
>
> - Sensible sorting of the directory list, the current plist put
> 	directory's in ths order:
> 	share/someport/
> 	share/someport/adir/
> 	share/someport/adir/foobar
> 	Which is the reverse of what it should be.
>
> - There are a number of directory's which are always created but
> 	should not be added to the pkg-plist, I have no idea where these
> 	directory's come from, see the comment on line 49 of my script.
>
> I wrote this script for personal purposes, but why not let other
> people benefit, maybe it can be placed in Tools/scripts? Either
> replacing the current plist or alongside it.
>
> Script is attached in this email, or you can view it online if you
> like:
> http://www.rwxrwxrwx.net/plist.py.txt

I haven't use it, but I noticed that the mtree needs to be update to
/usr/ports/Templates/BSD.local.dist and we don't use BSD.x11.dist any
longer. I think it's safe for you to remove that workaround. I think you
should go with 'make -V MTREE_FILE' instead of hardcore.

You can check auto-plist[1] that I have written to get idea/copy and
improvement in your one.

[1] http://www.marcuscom.com:8080/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/portstools/auto-plist/

Cheers,
Mezz

> Regards,
> Martin Tournoij

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org