bsd.port.options.mk status

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 9 15:15:01 PDT 2007

Dmitry Marakasov píše v po 10. 09. 2007 v 02:01 +0400:

> > > So, is it possible to use this feature, or are there still any issues
> > > not allowing use of options.mk in ports?

> > It's possible to use this feature, but only on -CURRENT and -STABLE
> > FreeBSD systems newer than certain date. No existing release supports it
> > - it will be supported in upcoming 6.3 and 7.0.

> Erm, isn't ports code (more or less) release-independent? What's missing
> in existing FreeBSD versions that's needed to support options.mk?

The make only looks into /usr/share/mk for includes, until told
otherwise. bsd.port.options.mk is included before bsd.port.pre.mk, so it
can't be found. Base system was modified to install stub of the same
name into /usr/share/mk to workaround this problem.

> > I would advise not to use it in your port yet. Maybe in two or three
> > years.
> 8-[   ]
> Then what am I to do if I need, say:
>
> OPTIONS= EDITOR "Qt4 editor"
>
> .if defined WITH_EDITOR
> USE_QT_VER=	4
> MAKE_ARGS+=	UIC=${UIC} MOC=${MOC}
> .endif
>
> I'll have to not use OPTIONS in this case, am I right?

Or try experimenting with manual inclusion of bsd.kde.mk, or check if
bsd.kde.mk provide advance inclusion mechanism (WANT_FOO usually).

> > Note that hardcoding /usr/ports to your port breaks the port for users
> > with nonstandard PORTSDIR.

> Well, ../../Mk/bsd.port.options.mk should go then?

That will eliminate possibility of using your port standalone, outside
ports tree.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Dogs of Waw.