Bad line in Makefile for /usr/ports/audio/mbrolavox

malcolm_green at tiscali.co.uk malcolm_green at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Sep 9 03:22:25 PDT 2007

Dear ports at freebsd.org

        I am using the PORTS supplied with PCBSD 1.4RC on CD2 . I have
updated my PORTS recently.
        I do not know where this sytem gets the PORTS from but anyway
..

        There is a bug in this Makefile (
/usr/ports/audio/mbrolavox/Makefile ) which will show up if you do

#cd /usr/ports
#make index

or

#cd /usr/ports/audio/mbrolavox
#make maintainer

The output shows

madrid# make index
Generating INDEX-6 - please wait..cut: stdin: Illegal byte sequence
"Makefile", line 32: warning: "/usr/bin/cut -f 1 -d '|' <
/usr/ports/audio/mbrolavox/voices
.conf" returned non-zero status

This arises because of a strange character in the name of an Icelandic
person in file   voices.conf

Suggest you change the " cut " line to say instead -

awk -F'|' '{print $1}' < voices.conf

( Incidently I wonder if this is actually a bug in    cut   . I would
think it should concern itself only with the
divider character )

                                     malcolm_green at tiscali.co.uk