gnash 0.8.0

Atrox silver.salonen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 04:18:54 PDT 2007

Dmitry Marakasov-2 wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sorry for the long delay with gnash port update to 0.8.0. Many things
> happened, but now I finally have some spare time.
>
> Here's preliminary version of 0.8.0 port. It (hopefully) builds and
> it (more or less) supports many gnash build options such as chosing
> GUI/renderer/media handler and building streaming flash server (cygnal).
> The main show-stopper is that gnash will segfault on any .swf video,
> so I decided to post to the maillist to keep you guys informed. Also,
> maybe someone will fix this bug faster than me so I can update the port
> sooner. I've written to gnash maillist already so I hope it'll be fixed
> soon in any case.
>
> Remember that the port is still unfinished: not all combinations of
> options were tested, possibly some depends are missing and it doesn't
> build at all WITH_SDL.
>
> Attached are the port itself and some gdb output on a segfault.
> Those are also available from http://www.amdmi3.ru/gnash/

Hi.

I just installed Gnash 0.8.1 on FreeBSD-6.2. I took your port-files and
changed version numbers and distfiles' info. Gnash installed successfully,
but if I try to play some random swf, sound seems to be OK, but picture is
not.

Also, Konqueror found the gnash plugin to use it for flash, but gnash
doesn't seem to work in Konqueror at all. Firefox found it too, but Firefox
shows at least something, although I wasn't able to play any video from
Youtube.

Is it FreeBSD port or Gnash itself?

Silver