package "xkeyboard-config" not available

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-stable-local at be-well.ilk.org
Sat Sep 1 09:50:24 PDT 2007

[This is a ports question, not a -stable question, so I adjusted the
headers accordingly to reach the appropriate folks.]

remrot at gmail.com writes:

>  I'm trying to install Xorg from packages but it does not work because the
> "xkeyboard-config" package isn't available for download. I tried about 5
> mirrors with the same result. When  I login with firefox, I can see the
> package in the "Latest" but not in the "All" folder. Download is not
> possible.
>
>  I am new to FreeBSD so I'm not sure if it's normal that packages are
> missing for a short period (e.g. for maintenance reasons) or if this is a
> serious error...

pointyhat.freebsd.org seems to think that the package is present but
outdated, so it does seem like there's something confused in the
mirror system.  On the other hand, this programs takes very little
time to build from ports, so (offhand) it doesn't seem like a big deal
to me.

Good luck.