avahi and avahi-autoipd

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 27 17:51:18 PDT 2007

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> It seems that if net/avahi port is config-ed with WITH_AUTOIPD then
> there is a some sort of circular dependency between the two port which
> may affect some port management tools. avahi has a run dependency on
> avahi-autoipd and the latter has a build dependency on the former.
> I am not sure if this is legal from port infrastructure perspective but
> it is certainly troublesome for me personally.

This is an interesting issue from the tools perspective, as you pointed
out. In order to properly support the recent Xorg update I split
installation of the build dependencies and run dependencies, but for some
reason I am still doing the install of the master port after checking the
run dependencies.

I'm working on some bug fix/regression testing stuff in portmaster now, so
I'll make the change to do run depends after install of the master port
and see if it breaks anything.

I certainly don't see what would be wrong with the dependencies that you
describe, and if it's "legal" as you put it, portmaster should support it.

Doug