Porting pdfedit-0.3.1

Jose Alonso Cardenas Marquez acm at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 24 11:29:52 PDT 2007

2007/10/23, Michael Pope <michael at dtcorp.com.au>:

Hi Michael :)

> I would like to port and application across and have read the porters
> handbook, but I'm still having trouble porting this app to freebsd6.2.
>
> The procedure I use to manually install pdfedit 0.3.1 under bsd is:
>
> FreeBSD build
> Here is the short howto for PDFedit compilation and installation on FreeBSD 6.2
> (Qt 3.38, Xorg 7.2). Thanks to Hao Chen.
> # New ports collection makefile for:    pdfedit
> #
>
> PORTNAME=   pdfedit
> PORTVERSION=    0.3.1
> PORTREVISION=   1

Remove PORTREVISION, it is not neccesary at moment

> CATEGORIES= graphics print
> MASTER_SITES=  http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/pdfedit/
>
> MAINTAINER= michael at dtcorp.com.au
> COMMENT=       a pdf editor which allows you to annotate and save back
> to a pdf.
>
> BUILD_DEPENDS=  freetype-config:${PORTSDIR}/print/freetype2
> LIB_DEPENDS=    t1.5:${PORTSDIR}/devel/t1lib \
>         freetype.9:${PORTSDIR}/print/freetype2
> RUN_DEPENDS=
> ${LOCALBASE}/share/ghostscript/fonts/n021003l.pfb:${PORTSDIR}/print/gsfonts
>
> USE_AUTOTOOLS=  autoconf:261

If this port will use qt3, you must to add the line USE_QT_VER=     3

Set QTDIR to ${QT_PREFIX}, It is a defined variable at bsd.kde.mk file

> INCPATH= -I/usr/local/include

INCPATH could not be necessary, you could use CPPFLAGS instead of that

> CONFIGURE_ARGS= --with-t1-library="/usr/local/lib" \
>                 --with-t1-includes="/usr/local/include"

Replace /usr/local by ${LOCALBASE}

you could define MAKE_ENV variable, it could solve some incpath
problems on build time

MAKE_ENV+=      CPPFLAGS="${CPPFLAGS}" LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS}"

> MAN1=       pdfedit.1
>

> .include <bsd.port.mk>
>

> So should I be making a patch file for the extra include I have to enter
> into src/utils/Makefile?
>
> If so how do I automate that patch for that file?  Currently i've
> created a little patch called 'patch-src-utils-Makefile' but every time
> I run make it asks me which file I want to patch.

See ijliao@ mail about that :)

Greetings
ACM