graphics/OpenEXR fails

[LoN]Kamikaze LoN_Kamikaze at gmx.de
Thu Oct 18 10:12:56 PDT 2007

Paul Schmehl wrote:
> I'm getting failures when trying to upgrade OpenEXR.
>
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libHalf.so.4, needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.so, may conflict with libHalf.so.6
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libIex.so.4, needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.so, may conflict with libIex.so.6
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libIlmThread.so.4, needed by
> /usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.so, may conflict with libIlmThread.so.6
>
> Would it work to delete the old libs and then symlink from the newer ones?

a) Don't symlink libraries, make entries in libmap.conf.

b) The best solution would be to rebuild the port /usr/local/lib/libIlmImf.so
belongs to. I suppose lib*.so.4 are in /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg, because
there normally aren't several versions of one library available.

I'll soon release a script that lists packages that link against libraries in
/usr/local/lib/compat or are linked with missing libraries in a
sysutils/bsdadminscripts release.