FYI: INDEX file for 8-current is not yet available

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 11 10:08:33 PDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 02:00:18AM +0900, Makoto Matsushita wrote:
> For those updating to recent 8-current, make fetchindex fails as follows:
>
> % cd /usr/ports
> % make fetchindex
> fetch: http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/INDEX-8.bz2: Not Found
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports.
> %
>
> For short-term solution: fetch http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/INDEX-7.bz2
> manually, bunzip2 it, then rename INDEX-7 to INDEX-8 and copy to /usr/ports.

I'm working on this as we speak.  It should be available in the new few
hours.

Cheers,
-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin at aauug.dk