portmaster 1.21 - "cannot create" messages

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 11 09:02:32 PDT 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, John Marshall wrote:

> Doug,
>
> I've been updating some ports today with portmaster 1.21 and am seeing lots
> of complaints of "No such file or directory".
>
> I've had a quick look and I *think* that portmaster 1.21 only creates
> DI_FILES if not invoked with -D; and then goes ahead and tries to append to
> it anyway.

Aha! One other user has complained about this, but didn't have any insight
on it (and their build logs weren't any help either). I'll look at this
today, thanks!

> Thanks again for a great ports management tool.

Thank you for the kind words, they are appreciated. :)

Doug