imap-uw-2006j_2,1, cclient-2006g_1,1 PAM problems?

Matt Dawson matt at chronos.org.uk
Mon Oct 1 05:31:12 PDT 2007

Is anyone else having problems with PAM authentication on these ports? I've
had to roll back to the 2004g_1,1 versions of both.

Information is a bit thin; all I can tell you is that they both seem to
compile correctly and TLS works fine. Only when the client comes to
authenticate is there a problem. With a known good auth pair, the server
returns BAD LOGIN. The server also no longer supports LOGIN, only accepting
clear text. Rolling back cures this immediately with no change
in /etc/pam.d/pop3.

Any suggestions?
--
Matt Dawson.