FreeBSD Port: samba-3.0.26a_2,1

Todd Martin toddmartin at techie.com
Wed Nov 28 21:46:34 PST 2007

Hello,

Over the weekend, I updated my ports to the latest versions.  Samba
was updated in the process to 3.0.26a_2,1.

After this I was unable to mount my samba shares from my 2nd FreeBSD machine.
I have researched it a bit, and found that this particular release
only has the cifs protocol and not smb protocol.  Samba.org
re-enabled the smb protocol in their latest 3.0.27a release.

If you were not already aware of this, I am glad I could help.

I would like to know if you plan on updating the Samba port to the
3.0.27a version?

Next to that info, do you know what version I should roll-back to to
fix this issue?

Thanks for any assistance.

Todd Martin
toddmartin at techie.com