Call for Testing: Claws-Mail 3.1.0 and Plugins Update

Nikola Lečić nikola.lecic at anthesphoria.net
Mon Nov 26 13:19:34 PST 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:29:42 +0100
Martin Wilke <miwi at FreeBSD.org> wrote: [rearranged]

> It looks to me like everything works well, however I'd appreciate
> your feedback.

Thanks Martin, everything works fine. :-) I tested the following
new ports on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p8:

  claws-mail-3.1.0
  claws-mail-etpan_privacy-0.15.5_15
  claws-mail-gtkhtml2_viewer-0.16
  claws-mail-mailmbox-1.14_3
  claws-mail-notification-0.13
  claws-mail-smime-0.7.3

Just a couple comments/questions:

[...]
> - - GTK+ built-in print support is now used if GTK+ >= 2.10 is
> available. libgnomeprint will never be used if GTK+ >= 2.10 is
> available. (gnomeprint is marked as deprecated)

Does this somehow bring possibility of printing HTML mail parts (as
seen through dillo or gtk2html2 viewers) -- or I missed something?

[...]
> - - Reinstated 'Generate Message-ID' option as an Account preference.
> It is hidden on IMAP accounts, because Message-IDs are needed on
>   servers that don't implement the UIDPLUS extension.

Great.

[...]
> - - Attachments: When opening attachments with 'Open' or 'Open
> with...' the temporary files are now saved as read-only. A hidden
> preference has been added, 'save_parts_readwrite', reverting to the
> previous behaviour.
[...]

It is very useful that files are now opened as read-only so they can't
be _saved_ under ~/.claws-mail (I sometimes mechanically hit 'Save' in
opened attachment and then lose it when I close Claws-Mail). However,
Claws-Mail-3.1 still deletes read-only files stored under ~/.claws-mail
when closed (if those files are still opened at that moment). I know
that this is not strictly related to porting, I just take an
opportunity to hear opinions of others: shouldn't opened attachments be
kept alive and read-only under ~/.claws-mail until manually closed by
outer applications that handle them?

Finally, what about etpan-privacy module? It can't be loaded: "This
module is not licensed under a GPL v2 or later compatible license" (with
both 3.0 and 3.1). The module is GPLv2.

Best regards and thank you for your work.
--
Nikola Lečić :: Никола Лечић