Call for Testing: Claws-Mail 3.1.0 and Plugins Update

Martin Wilke miwi at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 26 07:49:22 PST 2007

Hi Folks,

Claws-Mail V. 3.1.0 has been released. This update adds some new feauters such
as:

- - GnuTLS support has been implemented as an alternative to OpenSSL.
- - Tags: Added tag alphabetical sorting and unified the dialogues.
- - Edit accounts dialogue: The 'default account' (D) column has been
  removed, instead the default account is indicated by using bold text.

- - Templates Added ability to attach files using |attach{filename}.
- - Templates options are now presented in a tabbed layout.

- - Address Book: Added duplicate finder.
- - GTK+ built-in print support is now used if GTK+ >= 2.10 is available.
  libgnomeprint will never be used if GTK+ >= 2.10 is available. (gnomeprint is marked as deprecated)

- - Reinstated 'Generate Message-ID' option as an Account preference. It
  is hidden on IMAP accounts, because Message-IDs are needed on
  servers that don't implement the UIDPLUS extension.

- - Toolbar preferences: Improved dialogue.
- - Compose window: the number of attachments is now shown in the tab's
  title.

- - Attachments: When opening attachments with 'Open' or 'Open with...'
  the temporary files are now saved as read-only. A hidden preference
  has been added, 'save_parts_readwrite', reverting to the previous behaviour.

- - IMAP: Added a button on the Folder Properties General page to allow
  users to discard local caches.
- - Added much better error handling.
- - Fetching of cached mails has been heavily optimised.

- - LDAP: Added read-only support for jpegPhoto LDAP field
- - Bcc in commandline URIs has been added.
- - Dillo browser plugin: Address book based whitelisting for loading
  remote images has been added.
- - Bogofilter is now Optional.

- ---------------
Claws-Mail Plugins
==================

Updates to:
     	claws-mail-attach_warner	0.2.9
	claws-mail-fetchinfo		0.4.21
	claws-mail-gtkhtml2_viewer	0.16
	claws-mail-notification		0.13
	claws-mail-pdf_viewer		0.7
	claws-mail-perl			0.9.11
	claws-mail-rssyl		0.16
	claws-mail-smime		0.7.3
	claws-mail-synce		0.7.3
	claws-mail-vcalendar		1.99
	claws-mail-spamreport		0.3

The following ports will need PORTREVISION to be bumped:
	claws-mail-att_remover
	claws-mail-cachesaver
	claws-mail-maildir
	claws-mail-mailmbox
	claws-mail-newmail

And One new Port:
	claws-mail-tnef

It looks to me like everything works well, however I'd appreciate your feedback.

Patch:		http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/claws/claws-mail.diff
New Port:	http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/claws/claws-mail-tnef.shar

Thanks!

- - Martin

- --

|  PGP    : 0x05682353  |  Jabber : miwi(at)BSDCrew.de  |
|  ICQ    : 169139903   |  Mail   : miwi(at)FreeBSD.org |
|	Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest!		|