Idea about the ports tree included in the release

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sun Nov 25 13:33:45 PST 2007

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 09:39:19AM +0100, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Doug Barton wrote:
> > In thinking about the guy who posted to -stable about using the tar'ed
> > up version of the ports tree, I had an idea that would make that more
> > useful. How hard would it be to include the c[v]sup checkouts file
> > with the tarball, and install it into some standard location?
>
> And why not the portsnap database instead? It seems the
> default/recommended method today.

That would save me 42Mb to download each time :-P

But euhm.. it should only be installed on systems which are installed
cleanly, not on systems being upgraded via cdrom images.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |              Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/