ports/117266: New port: www/linux-netscape-navigator The All-New Netscape Navigator 9.0

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 16 08:36:34 PST 2007

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 03:32:44PM +0100, Pietro Cerutti wrote:
> The browser-prefs.js file indeed isn't part of the tarball, but gets
> anyway installed on my system:
>
> > pkg_info -W
> /usr/local/lib/linux-netscape-navigator/defaults/pref/browser-prefs.js
> /usr/local/lib/linux-netscape-navigator/defaults/pref/browser-prefs.js
> was installed by package linux-netscape-navigator-9.0.0.3
>
> The port uses the infrastructure provided by
> /usr/ports/www/linux-seamonkey/Makefile.common, as all other
> "linux-gecko" ports do. I think the cause is to be searched inside that
> file.

Yep, look at the post-patch target. I can't say if that should be
disabled for netscape until I examine the browser a bit deeper,
but I will.

In the meantime, could you please provide a complete shar or
tarball of the latest version in any form.

Thanks!