FreeBSD Port: mod_security2-2.1.3

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Nov 12 08:34:46 PST 2007

--On Sunday, November 11, 2007 13:55:42 -0200 Marcelo Araujo
<araujobsdport at gmail.com> wrote:

> Grant Peel wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> mod_security seems to have a problem with the MAC Safari browser using
>> some post statements.
>>
>> Accoring the the developers, these problems should be fixed in 2.1.4.
>>
>> Are there any plans to upgrade the port anytime soon?
>>
>> -Grant
>>
> Hey Grant,
>
> After freeze, I should work to do a upgrade on mod_security2 to new
> version. Thanks a lot for  the reporting.
>
> Best Regards.

Please be sure to add notes to UPDATING.  The change to version 2 of
mod_security is a dramatic change that renders older versions obsolete.
Folks who are using mod_security (includes me) need to know that they will
have to completely rewrite their rules to use the new syntax.  (In fact,
you may want to keep the older version in mod_security-1.3 or something
like that to allow folks who don't want to make the change right away to
continue to use the old port.)

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst