watching changelogs easily

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 3 02:25:51 PDT 2007

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 10:08:02 +0400
rihad <rihad at mail.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any centralized way to see what changes were made in the new
> version of whatever the port is for? I know of freshports.org, but it
> only lists the port's own changes, not the app's.

Unfortunately no.

For the users of mail/dspam* I provide this:

pre-everything::
.ifndef(MAINT)
        @${ECHO_CMD} ""
        @${ECHO_CMD} "Last ${FILESDIR}/UPDATING entry:"
        @${SED} -n < ${FILESDIR}/UPDATING "/^# ${PKGNAME}/,/^#####/p"
        @${ECHO_CMD} ""
        @sleep 5
.endif

We could probably add this in the infrastructure for those maintainers
that want / have time to offer this feature by running the above code
only if files/UPDATING exists in the respective port.