freebsd mx's in sorbs

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Tue May 29 09:40:39 UTC 2007

Craig Butler wrote:
> Hi All
>
> FreeBSD's mx has somehow got onto SORBS black list and my server is
> actively bouncing all the mailing list mails.
>
> http://www.us.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?69.147.83.53
>
> I will also raise a pr....
>
> Please could you forward this email to the people responsible for the
> mail servers
>
> Cheers
>
> Craig Butler

Hello Craig,

The postmaster team is already aware of the issue, (postmaster@) and can
only do so much to try and get us out of the SORBS list. Filing a PR
regarding these things is not the way to go, there are no postmasters
anywhere on the PR lists so they should be contacted directly when
having issues.

That said; as mentioned in my PR reply and in the follow-up on this
email by Lupe, there aren't many things you can do to avoid getting
in the RBL, if enough people (manually or automatically) tell the
system you are a spamhost, it will list you without additional checking,
SORBS and a couple of others are known (At least to me) to have false
positives every now and then. Beyond that people are free to choose
the DNSbl they want to, but they should also cope with the fall out
from their own decision.

Thanks again for the willingness to improve FreeBSD!

Cheers,
remko

--
Kind regards,

     Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
     FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

     /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */