FreeBSD Port: samba-3.0.25,1

Jose Ayala jayala at oxyman.com.pe
Mon May 28 21:17:40 UTC 2007

jeje sorry i clicked send before time :D, the mesaage complete is:

El lun, 28-05-2007 a las 16:00 -0500, Jose Ayala escribió:
> Hi, i just to comment a problem with the samba manager script, i dont
> know really whats the problem but it resolve executing directly the smbd
> nmbd and winbindd binaries from /usr/local/samba/sbin
> I install samba3 from ports, all ok, when i
> execute /usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba start i get the next message:

Removing stale Samba tdb files: ........ done

and no more:

when i stop samba with : /usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba stop , i dont get any
message.. after i try with smbstatus and i get one tip for the problem,
the message is:

sessionid.tdb not initialised
/var/db/samba/connections.tdb not initialised
This is normal if an SMB client has never connected to your server.
Failed to open byte range locking database /var/db/samba/brlock.tdb
ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
Can't initialise locking module - exiting

so, the trouble is that the tdb files dont was created, y check mi
smb.conf file, file and dir permission and all ok. But the script not be
able. Later (2 hours later) i tried executing directly smbd nmbd and
winbindd files and ohhh sorprise my samba server starting all right,
then some happends with the script. Can you do something??

My samba version is Samba version 3.0.25 ,my freebsd version is 6.2 and
i updated today my ports with cvsup command before make the install, if
you need more information notice me.

Best Regards

Jose Ayala